This is a gospel message using the Candy Cane as an object lesson.
It could be used in many ways:
1) As an object lesson around Christmas time
2) As a teaching tool in a nursing home ministry or elsewhere [I bought an inexpensive Candy Cane at Wal-Mart which is large and lights up!]
3) As a Christmas message which can be handed out at Christmas time or included with Christmas cards
4) As a learning tool in family worship
5) As a caroling handout. During the Christmas season our church families will often go Christmas caroling in nearby neighborhoods and this paper can be handed out along with a Candy Cane.
The message is in PDF format: CLICK HERE
[It will look better if printed out using a color printer.]
Note: There are stories being circulated about the man who invented the Candy Cane. These stories claim that he gave it its shape and colors in order to communicate the gospel. I have not been able to verify these accounts and they may not be true. The Candy Cane makes a good object lesson even if it were not originally designed with that in mind.