We are living in trying and difficult days. Crises
abound on every side, both nationally and internationally. Yet, in spite of
troubling times there is still good news:
1. God is still on His throne (Psalm 11:4). He still rules over all the kingdoms of the heathen (2 Chron. 20:6).
2. The Lord Jesus is still the King of kings and Lord of lords, whose coming is now nearer than when we first believed (Rom. 13:11).
3. The Bible is still living and powerful and life-changing (Heb. 4:12; 2 Tim. 3:16-17).
4. The Son of Man is still seeking the lost (Luke 19:10), still desiring that all men might be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth (1 Tim. 2:6).
5. The Holy Spirit is still convicting the world of sin, righteousness and judgment (John 16:8-11).
6. The gospel is still the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believes (Rom. 1:16).
7. The Lord Jesus is still able to save to the uttermost (completely!) all those who come unto God through Him (Heb. 7:25).
8. The cross, not the government, is still our only hope of salvation (Gal. 6:14). Those who trust in man are still under God's curse (Jer. 17:5).
9. In difficult times, God will still take care of His own (Matthew 10:28-31).
10.The One who lives in believers is still greater than the god of this world (1 John 4:4).
11. The living God will still be with us always, and His promise is still true that He will never leave us and will never forsake us (Matt. 28:20; Heb. 13:5-6).
12. No matter what difficulties we may face in the coming days, due to living
in a God-despising and truth-hating world, yet God is faithful and He will still
preserve His own and keep us from falling (Jude 1 and 24).