Salvation: Why Do All Men Need to Be Saved?
All Men Are Wicked, Lost and Dead.
1) Jeremiah 17:9-10. "The heart is _______________ above all things, and__________________ ______________." In this verse, the expression "desperately wicked" really means "incurably sick." We are so wicked that God says we are like a person who has a deadly, incurable disease. It is a disease far worse than cancer or leprosy or AIDS--it is the number one killer-SIN!
2) Mark 7:20-23. The Lord Jesus, the Son of God, spoke these words. Did Jesus agree with Jeremiah 17:9? __________ According to the Lord Jesus (Mark 7:20-23) is mans heart basically evil or basically good? __________________________Write down six of the things that go out (proceed) from within us, proving that our hearts are wicked and diseased (Mark 7:21-22):
In Mark 7:23, Jesus described these things as "____________ things." After studying Mark 7:20-23, we must conclude that mans basic and biggest problem is (circle the right one):
|a. hunger||b. corrupt government|
|b. poor housing||e. pollution in the water|
|c. wars||f. an evil and polluted heart|
3) Matthew 7:9-11. According to these verses, did the Lord Jesus say that men are good or evil? ____________ According to these verses (especially verse 11), is it possible for an evil person to do good things? ________ Therefore, when we see people doing what seems to be kind and good deeds, does this mean that these people are not evil?____________
1) Luke 19:10. What one word did the Lord Jesus use in order to describe those people for whom He came to seek and to save? ______________
2) Isaiah 53:6. In this verse, Isaiah said that we are like lost _____________. According to Isaiah 53:6, how many of us have gone astray and wandered away from the Lord? ________________ Therefore, how many men and women, boys and girls are really lost?___________________ In Isaiah 53:6 we learn that instead of following Gods way, we have all turned to our _________ way and in Judges 21:25 we learn that every man did that which was right _____________________________. In Matthew 10:6, the Lord described the Jewish people as "the_______ ________________ of the house of Israel" and in Matthew 9:36 the Lord was moved with compassion when He saw the crowds of people because they were_____________________ abroad, as ___________having no ____________________. In I Peter 2:25, what does Peter say we were like before we were saved?________________________________ To Whom did we return when we were saved (1 Peter 2:25)?______________________________Read John 10:11 and Psalm 23:1. Who is the Shepherd and Bishop of our souls? __________________________ (Note: The words "Bishop" means somebody who watches over us and looks out for us, lest we should fall into danger, an Overseer).
1) Genesis 2:17. What did God say would happen to Adam if he should eat the forbidden fruit? __________________________ When did God say this would happen?_____________________________________________________ Did Adam die physically on the very same day that he ate the fruit (Genesis 5:3-5 may help you to answer this question)? __________ Therefore, in Genesis 2:17, was God speaking primarily of physical death? _______ Read Genesis 2:25 and Genesis 3:6-7. Did a change take place with respect to Adam and Eve after they sinned? _______ According to Genesis 3:19, was physical death part of the curse that was placed upon man because of Adamís sin? ________
2) Ephesians 2:1. Before we were saved we were ______________ in ________________________and________ (see also Ephesians 2:5 and Colossians 2:13).
3) John 5:24. The moment a person is saved he passes from (out of) ______________ unto (into) ________ (see also 1 John 3:14). Therefore, before a person is saved he is in a state of ___________. According to John 6:47, what does a person have the moment he believes on the Lord Jesus Christ? _________________________ Therefore, the unsaved man is spiritually dead because he does not have ___________________________ In Ephesians 4:17-18 we learn that the unsaved man is alienated from (separated from) _______ __________ ____ __________. Therefore, the dead person (Ephesians 2:1) is the person who does not have Gods life. The moment a person is saved he is "quickened" (Ephesians 2:5) which means he is "made alive." According to 1 John 5:11, where is eternal life to be found? __________________________ Read 1 John 5:12. If a person has the Lord Jesus Christ as his Saviour and Lord, what does he also have? ____________. The person who does not have the Son of God does not have _____________. If a person does not have life, then he is dead! Therefore, we may say that the person who does not have the Son of God is _____________. In John 17:3 what does Jesus say eternal life really is? _____________________________________________Therefore the person who does not know the Father and the Son (in a personal way) does not have _________________________. Thus we may say that the person who does not know God is __________________________
4) John 3:14-16 and John 5:24 and John 6:47.
What must dead men and dead women do in order to have life? __________________________________________________________