THE DEITY OF CHRIST
Worship is Rendered to Christ Which Belongs Only to the True God.
This study is adapted from Dr. Alva McClains notes, revised by Dr. John Whitcomb and Ivan French, and used by permission of Grace Theological Seminary, Winona Lake, Indiana. This is one of the finest studies ever produced on the deity of Christ, and every student of the Scriptures should master this material.
A. The Bible clearly teaches that such worship belongs to God alone,
and is never to be rendered to any creature, no matter how exalted that creature may be.
B. Yet this same Bible teaches that Christ is to be worshiped as God.
1. Christ accepted and encouraged such worship.
2. Christ demanded such worship.
3. The Father commands such worship of Christ.
4. Christ will actually be worshiped by the host of heaven. See Revelation 5:8
5. This worship of Christ will finally become universal.
Philippians 2:10-11 (All men will someday bow the knee to Christ.)
Go to the Next Section of this Document
Return to the INDEX of this Document